Jedium Immersive Framework
Jedium Immersive Framework (JIF) is a set of modules that could be used to build a custom platform to make and maintain VR/AR apps. The core and some modules are open-sourced on GitHub. As a result, clients get their own platform solutions helping them to create and manage multi-user dynamic virtual environments.
Platforms based on JIF enable the creation of smooth workflows for VR/3D content authoring without specific knowledge of programming (user-created content). JIF-powered platforms support a broad range of integrations with various content management & corporate systems and allow separation of the content creation from content management and design of actual e-learning courses.
Problems with VR/AR development
- No scalability of VR/AR products.
- The lack of control over development cost.
- The lack of a platform solution and a builder allowing to create VR/AR apps without coding.
- "black box". Typically, a VR application/experience works as a “black box” for non-developers: it can’t be extended/combined with other applications and has a fixed structure with a number of inputs and outputs. We give an ability to reuse and integrate that VR application with other applications.
- The absence of the processes of converting the content.
- No multi-user support.
- No built-in analytics.
- The complexity of creating VR/AR content. If a developer wants to create a new application for any existing virtual environments, he/she should solve a lot of technical problems with communication protocols, interfaces, multi-user interaction, etc. The developer is limited in scripting languages that could be used.
- Scalability. It's hard to scale business VR/AR projects.
- It is hard to design and maintain a complex architecture for a VR/AR project.
Characteristics of JIF Platforms
Intelligent Automation & Integrations
All applications created using Jedium SDK can be automatically integrated with or connected to other systems and software (reporting and analytics tools, Learning Management Systems (LMS), ERP, CRM, etc.)
JIF platforms allow scaling from several PCs to a cluster.
JIF platform can easily combine and create learning experience based on entities and representations of components.
That allows making any types of combinations of each learning content’s property, creating complex visualizations and interactions.
No coding required.
GRAPHIC EDITOR OF SCENARIOS
The intuitive graphical interface of the script editor doesn't require much time to master and allows people with a non-technical background to create behavior scripts for bots (mini-programs inside JIF platform that have user-defined action scripts) and for students within the training courses.
Comprehensive built-in analytics
JIF platform is powered by AI and uses Machine Learning algorithms to effectively identify gaps in knowledge and create Individual Learning Trajectories (Tailored Education).
Learning Paradigms Ready
Every learning asset and interaction is represented as an object ready for an analysis of any complexity.
JIF platform allows companies to implement modern learning paradigms like Connectionism, Social Constructivism, and Individual Learning Trajectories.
Current e-learning environment
The market of e-learning products is quite saturated. However, no one system is designed to deal with a complex VR content.
That happened before. Some e-learning products (e.g., webinars) are being used by Enterprise. However, not many companies use those products properly. Why?
- Tech integrations are costly and involve effort from employees, vendors;
- The products are aside from learning.
If we want to get a slightly more complex training integrated with LMS, we need to develop an in-house solution. That becomes company's artifact.
Why does it happen? Lack of standards?
Actually, there are few: SCORM, xAPI. However, those standards are not widely used because of:
- Complexity of integrations learning systems into IT infrastructure;
- The gap between modern pedagogical methods and their realizations.
- Traditionally, the standards describe only a low-level (training) implementation.
The “middle” level (between learning and training) is not implemented in any software product.
In addition, we have emerging learning methods that appeared on the basis of implementation of old paradigms:
- Social Learning.
However, no one of those techniques could be integrated “As Is” by using typical IT infrastructure "ERP-LMS." Companies can not buy an outsourcing of IT solutions and start using modern learning methods.
Products available on the market imply reorganization of IT infrastructure. That is a business critical issue!
We aim to provide an opportunity for reusing current e-learning IT infrastructure to build an ecosystem that effectively uses emerging technologies and new learning paradigms.